Situated on a private Caribbean island just off the coast of Antigua, the luxury resort of Jumby Bay offers spectacular natural surroundings and haven-like seclusion – perfect for a destination wedding. We invite you to come indulge in this luxurious tropical paradise and exchange or renew your vows of love and commitment. Our wedding coordinator will personally accompany you when applying for your marriage license in St. John's and assist in all aspects of planning your destination wedding and celebration.
Wedding Ceremony Package
- Transfer to and from V.C. Bird International Airport
- Location for ceremony and reception at the resort
- A dedicated Guest Services Manager to assist with wedding arrangements
- Personal assistance in obtaining the license and interview at the Ministry of Legal Affairs in St. John's
- Marriage license, officer fees & witnesses if necessary
- Bridal bouquet, boutonniere, 8" wedding cake & bottle of Veuve Clicquot Brut Champagne
- Pressing of the wedding dress & tuxedo or suit
- Romantic turndown on evening of wedding
- One 50-minute couple's massage
Package price of $3,500 includes application and wedding coordination fees. Prices are subject to change. The resort will hold a wedding date on a tentative basis for two weeks while decisons are finalized. Full deposit of $3,500 is required to secure the date and wedding site (tax and service charge is additional at 20.5%).
Wedding Receptions & Dining
Following the ceremony, there are a variety of ways to celebrate. We offer dinner for two on the beach, private dinner in your room and cocktail receptions, or you may choose to enjoy one of our renowned restaurants. Our Executive Chef and his team will create a menu to suit your unique taste.
Additional Services Available
- Video recording and photography packages of your luxury destination wedding
- Flower arrangements, location and reception décor
- Beauty salon and spa packages
Legal Requirements - Antigua
Local authorities are most cooperative and have simplified arrangement for marriage and renewal of vows on Antigua. There is a 24-hour residency requirement, to include at least one business day (Monday-Thursday, if you arrive on Friday you will marry on the next Tuesday). If neither person has been married before, birth certificates are sufficient; otherwise, a former spouses death certificate or divorce decree is needed.
At the Ministry of Legal Affairs in downtown St. Johns, you meet for a friendly interview where you present the necessary legal paperwork and submit the Marriage Application (application will be completed prior to your meeting at Jumby Bay). You will proceed to The High Court where you meet with a Marriage Officer who will review your application, issue a Marriage License and set the date, time and place for the ceremony.
On the date of your destination wedding, the marriage officer will come to Jumby Bay to perform a civil ceremony. A non-denominational religious ceremony is also possible and our wedding coordinator will gladly advise you of the officiant available.
Please note that all documents you are required to furnish must bear legal names, otherwise an affidavit is needed stating that one or the other is known by a different name. Passports are required and if either person has been divorced, the original (or a notarized copy) of the divorce decree must be presented.