Kimberly Snyder’s 5 Pro Tips on a Happy, Healthy 2018

Rona Berg  •  Illustrations by Graham Roumieu •  January 5, 2017

Kimberly Snyder’s 5 Pro Tips on a Happy, Healthy 2018

Rona Berg  •  Illustrations by Graham Roumieu •  January 5, 2017


The nutritionist to the stars shares how to discover a new sense of wellbeing, and how to actually keep that New Year’s Resolution.

January is a time for fresh starts and positive thinking, when we all see a clean slate and determine to be better to ourselves—and to others. “The New Year always feels like this incredible juncture filled with the ripeness of unlimited possibilities,” says wellness expert Kimberly Snyder. After graduating from Georgetown, she spent three years traveling solo to 50 countries, picking up a global roster of health and beauty tips. Snyder later received a nursing degree, and has since become a leading nutritionist—with A-list clients such as Reese Witherspoon and Kerry Washington—and a New York Times best-selling author of The Beauty Detox series and Radical Beauty, with Deepak Chopra. “New Year’s resolutions often seem to be about creating a ‘new’ outer shell of yourself. Losing weight is a primary one for many,” she says. “And while there is, of course, nothing wrong with that per se, it’s also a great idea to reflect on how you can be more authentic to yourself, and be clear on your focus for the year ahead. Spend some time journaling, going for a walk alone in silence, or just sit with the question, What do you need this year, truly?”

Here are her five recommendations for how to live a healthier, happier 2018.

Kimberly Snyder’s 5 Pro Tips on a Happy, Healthy 2018

Commit to a morning ritual

“The morning is like a daily rebirth, and starting the day off on a great foot helps you make better decisions throughout the entire day. One part of the morning ritual I recommend is to drink hot water with lemon. Lemon is a strengthening agent to the liver’s enzymes, and aids with digestion by increasing the secretion of bile. It also acts as a blood purifier and a cleansing agent to flush out bacteria and toxins. Another part of my morning ritual is a smoothie loaded with greens, lemon juice and high-fiber fruit. It packs a mega-punch of vitamins, enzymes, minerals (such as blood-building iron), amino acids and fiber. High amounts of fiber combined with the enzymes help flush pollutants, which is important for long-term vitality.

Kimberly Snyder’s 5 Pro Tips on a Happy, Healthy 2018

Take the right kind of supplements

Probiotics are a powerful combination that improve your digestion and lend significant improvements to your overall health, wellness and beauty. I am a big fan of soil-based organism (SBO) probiotics, which mimic the natural (and beneficial) bacteria found in soil.   For a healthy detox, Detoxy+ is a nutritional supplement I’ve created that helps cleanse your digestive organs of wastes and toxins in a gentle, yet effective way—without any of the drawbacks of typical laxatives or fiber supplements. It’s great for when you are traveling and consuming more toxins than you would when you eat at home.”

Kimberly Snyder’s 5 Pro Tips on a Happy, Healthy 2018

Embrace progress, not perfection

“Strive to make better overall food choices, including eating more plant-based and fewer processed foods, as well as eliminating foods that are difficult to digest, like dairy. But instead of being all or nothing, commit to improvement, and being on point 80 percent of the time. That leaves a nice 20 percent cushion for treats and transition foods!”

Kimberly Snyder’s 5 Pro Tips on a Happy, Healthy 2018

Meditate

“Daily meditation or mindful breathing allows you to become more aware and in tune with your body. Commit to as little as one to three minutes of simply listening to your breath and feeling grounded every day. It helps with everything from food cravings to reducing stress, and, of course, connecting to wellness."

Kimberly Snyder’s 5 Pro Tips on a Happy, Healthy 2018

Commit to an evening ritual

The foods we eat in the evening, along with a routine to start to chill out (warm shower, oil self-massage, meditation, reading a hard-copy book and so on), can help ensure better sleep hygiene, which is also a key part of wellness.

 

Share this article:

Join The Conversation

Your email address will not be published.

Input comment
Input name Input email

Written By: Rona Berg

1.5.18

Thank you for signing up!

Calling all discerning travelers

Sign up for the Rosewood Conversations Newsletter to uncover our musings on travel, art, fashion and culture from the legendary personalities who embody the spirit of Rosewood Hotels & Resorts.

Close Menu
Thank you for signing up!
Rosewood-Conversation-Signup

Calling all discerning travelers

Uncover our musings on travel, art, fashion, and culture from the legendary personalities who embody the spirit of Rosewood Hotels & Resorts.