Rosewood Baha Mar Brings A Luxurious And Authentic Spa Experience To The Bahamas
July 1, 2018
Rosewood Baha Mar, Rosewood Hotels & Resorts®
first property in The Bahamas, welcomes the brand’s world-renowned Sense, A Rosewood Spa to the pristine beaches of Nassau. Inspired by The Bahamas’ natural resources, vibrant culture and wellness traditions, Sense Spa at Rosewood Baha Mar offers interesting, invigorating and unique Sense of Place spa experiences for guests.
Many of the spa’s treatments are derived from The Bahamas’ centuries-old healing remedies, which stem from the belief that native plants, roots and leaves have health benefits. For hundreds of years, Bahamians have been making tea from the common plants from their own backyards and drinking the tea for therapeutic and medicinal purposes. The tradition, referred to as “bush medicine” is still revered today. Sense Spa’s “Lost Remedies
” treatments combine this traditional practice with modern products and expertise:
- Arawak Body-Balance: Drawing from ancient healing practices of the Arawak, some of the first inhabitants of the islands, this treatment utilizes hot and cold compresses to help strengthen the immune system. Beginning with a natural exfoliation from a sea sponge to help increase blood flow, the treatment continues with a body wrap utilizing the Moringa Leaf, which is known for its rich antioxidant properties. To gently cool down, while also cleansing and purifying the body, a full-body massage using ointment made from rosemary and sage concludes the treatment. (90 min)
- Lucayan Relief: This signature lost remedy introduces guests to the ancient practice of Bahamian herbal healing. During this grounding treatment, guests soak their feet in the ancient Lignum Vitae, or “Tree of Life,” The Bahamas’ national tree that is revered for its medicinal properties. This treatment, derived from an ancient Bahamian healing remedy, helps improve lower body circulation and relieves swelling and joint pain. The treatment concludes with a rejuvenating foot anointment, which incorporates heated Cascarilla Oil. (60 min)
- Gullah Geechee Tea Tox: The treatment begins by sipping a local Bahamian tea made of Neem Tree that warms and detoxifies the body from the inside out. The remedy continues with a hot rubbing massage using Neem oil, which contains powerful detoxifying properties, and a full-body envelopment to warm the body from the outside in. (90 min)
Sense Spa also has developed a line of Sense Journeys
, extensive treatments that may take guests out of the spa walls for a holistic experience that enriches the mind, body and spirit. These include:
- Escape Together: This romantic couples’ treatment takes place in the comfort and privacy of Sense Spa’s signature spa suite. The couple begins by combining essential oils into one, symbolizing leaving behind the individual and joining as a couple. The resulting blend is then mixed with bush tea elements – mint, sage and coconut – to form a healing scrub and wrap. The treatment concludes with a restorative couples’ massage. (3 hours)
- Bahamian Journey: This unique treatment begins with an indulging full-body scrub and wrap infused with Neem and Cassava, herbs known for their powerful detoxifying properties, to cleanse and hydrate the skin. The journey continues with the Bahamian Mood massage, which incorporates locally-sourced essential oils for a relaxing experience from head to toe and concludes with a Fresh & Tone Facial, leaving the skin hydrated and ready to enjoy the blissful relaxation of the island. (3.5 hours)
- Sense of Art – Body Canvas: This experience begins with a private tour with a local Bahamian artist to learn about the history of Bahamian art, followed by an interactive activity that allows guests’ creativity to flourish. The journey concludes with a 90-minute intuitive massage in a private spa suite. (4 hours)
Sense Spa at Rosewood Baha Mar also offers several signature facials with renowned product line EviDenS de Beauté
, as well as signature body treatments using products by Maison Caulieres
. A selection of signature massages, including a wholly customizable Intuitive Therapy Massage and unique Ocean Sedative massage, round out Sense Spa’s extensive wellness offerings.
Additionally, Sense Spa offers salon treatments for guests to freshen up before a night out with loved ones. These include unique manicure and pedicure treatments, waxing services and hair services, including blowouts.
Sense Spa features one couple’s treatment room, three single treatment rooms and two signature spa suites with a menu of more than 22 specialized treatments to relax and restore Rosewood Baha Mar guests during their island escape.
About Rosewood Baha Mar
Set on the white sands of Nassau’s Cable Beach in The Bahamas, Rosewood Baha Mar is the effortless escape offering endless possibilities and unique experiences within the new multi-property resort enclave of Baha Mar. The resort’s 237 guestrooms, suites and beachfront villas epitomize Bahamian luxury, featuring architecture and interior styling reminiscent of a relaxed island estate. Rosewood Baha Mar offers four signature dining venues; private pools; and Sense, A Rosewood Spa®
. Rosewood Baha Mar is operated and managed by Rosewood Hotels & Resorts, the leading hospitality group with a storied history of managing elite one-of-a-kind properties and will offer Rosewood’s signature personalized service and unswerving attention to detail. www.rosewoodhotels.com/bahamar
About Baha Mar
Baha Mar is a master planned USD4.2 billion integrated resort development operated by Hong Kong-based conglomerate Chow Tai Fook Enterprises Limited (CTFE). The white sand beach destination includes three global brand operators – Grand Hyatt, SLS, and Rosewood – with over 2,300 rooms and features 20 restaurants and lounges, the largest casino in the Caribbean, a state-of-the-art convention center, an 18-hole Jack Nicklaus Royal Blue Golf Course, the Caribbean’s first and only flagship ESPA spa, and over 30 luxury retail outlets. Baha Mar is a breathtaking location with dynamic programming, activities and guest offerings in one of the most beautiful places in the world – The Bahamas. For more information and reservations, visit www.bahamar.com.
About Rosewood Hotels & Resorts
Hotels & Resorts manages 23 one-of-a-kind luxury properties in 14 countries, with 16 new hotels under development. Each Rosewood hotel embraces the brand’s A Sense of Place®
philosophy to reflect the individual location’s history, culture and sensibilities. The Rosewood collection includes some of the world’s most legendary hotels and resorts, including The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel in New York, Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek in Dallas and Hôtel de Crillon, A Rosewood Hotel in Paris, as well as new classics such as Rosewood Beijing.
For more information: rosewoodhotels.com
Connect with us: Facebook Twitter Instagram WeChat
@RosewoodHotelsSEE ALL PRESS RELEASES