From Tuscan vineyard to Beijing gala: the art of winemaking with Massimo Ferragamo
This remarkable experience begins in Tuscany and includes not only a three-night stay at the exquisite Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco, but an opportunity harvest grapes with vineyard’s chief winemaker, enjoy a vertical tasting of rare Zodiac vintages and take a helicopter tour of the private Tenuta Prima Pietra vineyard.
Since Massimo Ferragamo launched Castiglion del Bosco’s limited edition Zodiac Brunello di Montalcino in 2013, each sublime vintage has become one of the most sought after among collectors, with several scoring 98-99 points from influential critic James Suckling. Made from the best available sangiovese grapes, the wine comes in a specially numbered bottle, featuring a specially commissioned Chinese zodiac sign created by a famous Chinese artist.
In an exciting partnership between Rosewood Beijing and Castiglion del Bosco, guests of this outstanding 12 Days experience will journey between Tuscany and Beijing to witness first-hand how this iconic Italian wine is created. It begins with a private harvest experience with Castiglion del Bosco’s chief winemaker, Cecilia Leoneschi, which includes grape picking and selection, and learning about the fermentation and aging process. The stay will also include a vertical tasting of four selected Zodiac vintages, an opportunity not offered to the public due to the rarity of these wines.
While at Rosewood Beijing, guests will receive a copy of a specially commissioned artwork, signed by the acclaimed Chinese artist creator, that celebrates the new Year of the Rat Zodiac wine vintage (2020) as well as a coveted collector’s edition of six previous vintages and the current vintage, all of which come in magnum bottles. Mr. Massimo Ferragamo, owner of Castiglion del Bosco, will host guests at the gala dinner launch of this prized wine.
Price from CNY 700,000 per package, subject to service charge and tax. For reservations, please email Alessandra Li at email@example.com
- Two-night stay in Beijing House (Presidential Suite) include two-hour spa treatments for two persons
- A limited collection of Zodiac wine bottles (seven series)
- Copy of the art piece commemorating Year of the Rat vintage wine, autographed by the artist
- Invitation to join wine dinner with Massimo Ferragamo at Rosewood Beijing
Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco:
- Three-night stay in a Castiglion del Bosco Suite for two guests
- Daily breakfast
- Private harvest experience with Winemaker Cecilia Leoneschi. Guests will actively participate by picking the grapes in the vineyard, seeing grape selection in the winery, and learning about fermentation and aging of the wines
- Vineyard picnic
- A Zodiac Vertical Tasting in the Members’ Cellar: four selected labels of rare and precious Zodiac wines.All the bottles opened for the tasting are magnums and will belong to the guest to be enjoyed during the stay or shipped to their homes
- Helicopter trip to Tenuta Prima Pietra, another winery founded and owned by Mr Ferragamo located near the coast.Guests will be among the first visitors of this new winery as it is still not open to the public. They will be escorted by our winery team to discover this new incredible label
- Dinner for two in gourmet restaurant Campo del Drago with option of pairing with the Zodiac tasting wines
- Couple’s spa treatment at Sense, A Rosewood Spa
- Valid from September 22 to October 3, 2019 (harvest period)
Valid through October 3, 2019Minimum Stay: Five Nights