Rosewood Hotels & Resorts Announces Innovative Programming In Celebration Of Global Wellness Day
June 6, 2019Rosewood Hotels & Resorts® today debuts the ultra-luxury hotel brand’s innovative Global Wellness Day programming, which includes a variety of engaging, family-oriented health and wellness activities across the brand’s properties worldwide. In celebration of the annual event, taking place on Saturday, June 8, 2019, Rosewood properties across the Americas, Europe and Asia will offer specialized wellness-focused events and activities that have been designed to facilitate bonding moments between families while simultaneously immersing them in the rich culture of the destination, ranging from an athletic bootcamp set against the inspiring backdrop of Paris’ Place de la Concorde at Hôtel de Crillon, A Rosewood Hotel to an illuminating astrology reading with famed psychotherapist Jennifer Freed at Rosewood Miramar Beach. Established in 2012, Global Wellness Day is an annual, international initiative dedicated to living well and raising awareness for personal health.
“Global Wellness Day is an annual highlight for the entire Rosewood Hotels & Resorts team, and we’re thrilled to once again play our part in promoting the importance of health and wellness among our affluential explorers around the world,” says Niamh O’Connell, group vice president of guest experience and wellness for Rosewood Hotel Group. “In keeping with our guiding A Sense of Place® philosophy, we’ve developed an inspired selection of activities that highlight the local practices and offerings of our distinct destinations, providing a meaningful learning moment in addition to a personally invigorating one.”
- Hôtel de Crillon, A Rosewood Hotel (France): The Parisian palace hotel will host various fitness classes set against the beautiful backdrop of the City of Lights, including boxing, yoga and a unique outdoor bootcamp. Special spa treatments and tutorials created for the occasion range from a David Lucas hair detox to a
- Rosewood Sand Hill (California): Guided hikes, fitness challenges, sunset meditation and sunrise yoga will offer guests ample opportunity to focus on their physical wellness with their families. To round out the experience, additional activities available throughout Global Wellness Weekend will include healthy cooking classes, mother-daughter spa treatments, custom mindfulness games and a delicious dinner at the hotel’s Michelin-starred restaurant, Madera.
- Rosewood Beijing (China): Family-friendly activities, including a cooking class led by the hotel’s head pastry chef, parents and children yoga in the botanical poolside area, a class on daily skincare techniques and an arts and crafts session where guests will learn how to make the city’s iconic Opera Masks, have been designed to encourage constructive communication between parents and children while simultaneously facilitating unique bonding opportunities for all.
- Rosewood Bermuda (Bermuda): The recently renovated luxury resort will offer guests a full day of wellness-oriented activities, all beginning with kombucha, smoothie and granola tastings at the property’s Conservatory Bar. The acclaimed team from the resort’s Sense®, A Rosewood Spa will then lead guests in a gentle session of sunrise yoga followed by an optional 15-minute neck, back and shoulder massage, leaving visitors refreshed and relaxed.
- Rosewood CordeValle (California): Set in the foothills of Northern California’s Santa Cruz Mountains, the sprawling sanctuary has curated an inspired weekend retreat for two in celebration of the annual event. During their weekend of rest and relaxation, guests will enjoy bespoke 90-minute massage treatments, dinner at the resort’s Il Vigneto restaurant and a selection of holistic wellness activities.
- Rosewood Hotel Georgia (Canada): A roster of informative activities for adults includes a nutrition tutorial with a naturopathic specialist Doctor Jason Marr, a cooking demonstration with Chef Kiran Kolathodan and detoxifying vitamin B12 injections and cupping treatments, as well as classes on the exercises of Barre, HIIT, meditation and yoga.
- Rosewood Sanya (China): An array of cooking and yoga classes created with family bonding in mind will provide the perfect opportunity to make memories with the entire family, while adults will also benefit from classes on facial lifting techniques and aerobics and aquatics lessons to increase physical fitness.
- Rosewood Miramar Beach (California): The oceanfront estate will partner with industry specialists to provide expert-level experiences for guests including a foam rolling class with body alignment specialist Lauren Roxburgh and an astrology reading with psychotherapist Jennifer Freed, both of whom are revered within natural health and lifestyle leader goop’s esteemed network of practitioners, as well as a beach bootcamp hosted by Fitness 805 and a healthy cooking class with the Executive Chef Massimo Falsini.
- Rosewood Phnom Penh (Cambodia): Relaxing and rejuvenating offerings include personalized face mask making and “feetolosophy” lessons, the latter of which will be led by a local podiatrist and reveal how to prevent damage to the feet and the impact foot health can have on the body’s overall well-being.
- Rosewood San Miguel de Allende (Mexico): Encouraging guests to become their best selves, the charming colonial hotel’s wellness activities will include a visit to local farm Rancho La Trinidad to learn about organic agriculture and collect ingredients for a fresh-cooked meal back at the hotel, followed by an evening of family bonding over traditional Mexican games. The wellness journey continues with a curated culinary experience at the stunning Luna Rooftop Tapas Bar, specialty spa treatments inspired by the phases of the moon and complimentary fitness classes spanning everything from yoga and meditation to HIIT and core training.
- Rosewood Jeddah (Saudi Arabia): Situated on the shores of the Red Sea, the urban escape will offer the ultimate level of luxury, wellness-oriented living with dedicated butler service, therapeutic massage sessions and a bespoke healthy breakfast service at Habsburg restaurant.
- Rosewood Abu Dhabi (UAE): Enriching experiences, including a mother-daughter spa retreat, a trip to the Louvre Abu Dhabi, a kayaking adventure at the mangrove lagoons and a tutorial on the traditional art forms of calligraphy and henna, will highlight Abu Dhabi’s rich culture while simultaneously offering opportunities for self-growth.
- Rosewood Bangkok (Thailand): A trip to a nearby temple to participate in mindfulness activities led by Thai locals will center guests, while meticulously curated healthy meals and family spa treatments designed for tranquillity will further incorporate the indigenous ingredients of the destination.
- Rosewood Phuket (Thailand): At Asaya, Rosewood’s signature wellness experience, guests will embark on a customized journey that includes invigorating fitness classes, authentic Thai touch and sound therapies and a guided kayak ride around the colourful Emerald Bay.
- Rosewood Puebla (Mexico): Yoga on the rooftop will allow guests to relax while taking in the panoramic views of the city below and volcanoes in the distance, followed by a healthy cooking class and hydrating treatments at Sense, A Rosewood Spa.
- Rosewood Mayakoba (Mexico): An immersive skin care class exploring “The Ritual of Sakura,” Mayan chart readings with the resident shaman and a discussion on the principles of life balance led by Doctor Daniel Seymour will offer guests a thorough introduction into the holistic healing practices of the Riviera Maya.
- Rosewood London (United Kingdom): The sophisticated city hotel will host elite personal trainer Harry Jameson and Barre studio Xtend Barre London for an energetic morning of exercise followed by brunch and signature spa treatments.
- Rosewood Baha Mar (Bahamas): A one-of-a-kind flamingo yoga session will allow guests to stretch and pose alongside The Bahamas’ national bird, while a mesmerizing sunset mediation will provide an optimal opportunity to take in the beauty of Cable Beach.
- Rosewood Las Ventanas al Paraíso (Mexico): Full body aquatic workouts, luxurious spa treatments and family-friendly activities including a Latin Dance class will be on offer at this oceanfront oasis, which also boasts a full-service Sense, A Rosewood Spa, unobstructed beach access and multiple swimming pools.
For more details on the Global Wellness Day activities, please visit https://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/luxury-hotel-offers/Global-Wellness-Day.
About Rosewood Hotels & Resorts
Rosewood Hotels & Resorts® manages 27 one-of-a-kind luxury properties in 15 countries, with 21 new hotels under development. Each Rosewood hotel embraces the brand’s A Sense of Place® philosophy to reflect the individual location’s history, culture and sensibilities. The Rosewood collection includes some of the world’s most legendary hotels and resorts, including The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel in New York, Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek in Dallas and Hôtel de Crillon, A Rosewood Hotel in Paris, as well as new classics such as Rosewood Beijing, Rosewood London and Rosewood Hong Kong.
For more information: rosewoodhotels.com
SEE ALL PRESS RELEASES