Rosewood Mayakoba Debuts Ultra-luxury Villas
August 3, 2018
Riviera Maya, Mexico (July 2018)
– From June 8 – 10, 2018, Rosewood Mayakoba, the award-winning resort nestled in the lush enclave of the Riviera Maya, has debuted ultra-luxury villas situated along the property’s winding freshwater lagoons. With interiors envisioned by award-winning interior designer Thom Filicia, the seven villas are available both for sale and nightly booking and have four distinctive layouts, all with access to the five star amenities and services at Rosewood Mayakoba. Each of the 2, 3, and 4 bedroom villas, ranging from 3,500 square feet to over 6,000 square feet, reflect a sense of relaxed sophistication and refined subtlety through a layered approach to materials, color, and textures that complement Rosewood Mayakoba’s modern architecture and its celebration of Mexican traditions.
SEE ALL PRESS RELEASES
“We love when guests share that Rosewood Mayakoba feels like home and now it can truly be,” says Daniel Scott, Managing Director of Rosewood Mayakoba. “The villas were designed to offer all the luxuries of living in the heart of the Rivera Maya with the complete services and amenities enjoyed at Rosewood Mayakoba.”
The villa interiors act as a backdrop for the beauty of the Riviera Maya, allowing the natural setting of the freshwater lagoon and the lush landscape to take center stage. Filicia utilized materials indigenous to the region and sourced items locally whenever possible, while staying true to the clean lines of the architecture. Many of the furnishings are custom-designed, including a sculptural dining table with a wood top and aged brass base which plays against rope-accented dining chairs, and a wrought iron chandelier made of tiered, reflective glass disks. Custom sofas from the Thom Filicia Home Collection anchor the gathering areas and are a mix of colorful fabrics in muted tones.
Each of the villas are designed for both couples and families, with layouts offering privacy, flexibility and opportunities for gathering and entertaining. The four different configurations include the four-bedroom Casa Paraiso, designed to bring the outside in through a two-story living and dining area with floor-to-ceiling windows; Casa Coral, offering three bedrooms and a large living room, dining area, and terrace all with unobstructed lagoon views; Casa Manglar, featuring a three-story, three-bedroom open-plan design; and Casa Cenote, offering two-bedrooms and a large outdoor terrace lagoon-side.
“Our goal was to create beautifully appointed residences that reflect a sense of relaxed sophistication and earthy elegance - a design that not only showcases but connects with the natural beauty of the area,” says Thom Filicia, founder and principal of design firm, Thom Filicia, Inc. “We utilized a layered approach to materials by introducing colors, textures and patterns that complement the modern architecture while also speaking to the regional authenticity and point of view of both Rosewood and the Riviera Maya.”
Each of the villas also include the following additional offerings and amenities:
• Daily continental breakfast in the privacy of the villa
• Private roundtrip airport transfers
• Private reserved beach cabana
• Exclusive villa butler
• Private eco-tour by boat
• Chef-guided cooking class in the privacy of the villa (For 4 nights stays or more)
• In-villa dining service available 24-hours a day
Rates start from $3,500 USD/night.
About Rosewood Mayakoba
Rosewood Mayakoba sits in the heart of a 1600-acre resort enclave in the Riviera Maya. Built along winding lagoons and a mile-long arc of pristine beach, this oasis of indulgence offers 129 suites and four private villas with plunge pools, rooftop sundecks, garden showers, individual docks and the finest in-room design and details. Resort amenities include a signature Greg Norman championship golf course, fine dining at Casa del Lago and Punta Bonita, Rose Buds® for children, and Sense® spa, which is designed around a cenote, one of the sacred water wells of the ancient Mayans, and sits on a private island. The resort is built to abide by the highest of eco-standards, offering indulgence with awareness, and has recently been awarded the Rainforest Alliance Certification.
About Rosewood Hotels & Resorts
Rosewood Hotels & Resorts® manages 18 one-of-a-kind luxury properties in 11 countries, with 17 new hotels under development. Each Rosewood hotel embraces the brand’s A Sense of Place® philosophy to reflect the individual location’s history, culture and sensibilities. The Rosewood collection includes some of the world’s most legendary hotels and resorts, including The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel in New York, Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek in Dallas and Hôtel de Crillon, A Rosewood Hotel in Paris, as well as new classics such as Rosewood Beijing. Rosewood Hotels & Resorts targets to double its number of hotels in operation by 2020.