Travel Information as of: January 07, 2021
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recently named Bermuda a Level 4 destination, where the COVID-19 Risk is "Very High." Following guidelines and essential procedures shared by the Bermuda Ministry of Health, Rosewood Bermuda remains open to welcome both local guests for "staycations" as well as international guests in accordance with Bermuda's international travel requirements.
We remain fully dedicated to operating at the highest standards through "Commitment to Care," Rosewood Hotel Group’s new global health and safety program and have intensified hygiene and safety measures across all major touch points in our operations in accordance with guidelines issued by the Bermuda Ministry of Health, the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We are delighted to welcome visitors once again, and we thank our loyal guests, members and community for their patience during this unprecedented time.
What To Expect During Your Stay
The health and safety of our guests, members and associates remains a paramount concern in light of the risks that COVID-19 presents, and as such has necessitated some changes in our services. The list below highlights these fundamental changes that visitors can expect to experience during their stay.
- The Government of Bermuda requires international visitors to follow a clearly defined set of Travel Requirements, designed to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. The details of these requirements are listed in detail in a section below, and are easily referenced on the Bermuda Tourism Authority website by visiting: https://www.gotobermuda.com/bta/press-release/bermuda-tourism-authority-update
- Bermuda Travel Requirements necessitate guests take a PCR COVID-19 test prior to departing for Bermuda and must present negative test results no more than 5 days old on the date of departure. Guests will be required to complete an online travel-authorisation form (linked here) within 72 hours prior to travel, the form costs USD75 for each traveler age 10 and up, and USD30 for children age 9 and under. This fee includes any required testing on-island.
- On arrival, guests will be required to take a PCR COVID-19 test at the airport, following the test, guests must self-quarantine within their hotel room, suite, residence or a hotel-designated space until receipt of negative test results (results are completed between 4 and 24 hours). Guests are not permitted to use resort facilities or explore the resort grounds until the negative results are received. During the self-quarantine period, guests are encouraged to enjoy unlimited in-room movies, and "no-touch" in-room dining may be ordered.
- Guests arriving from the United Kingdom, or who have visited the United Kingdom in the 14 days prior to arriving in Bermuda will have access to resort facilities including the Golf Club, Tennis Centre, Spa, and resort restaurants following a negative rest result from airport arrival testing, however guests must not leave the grounds of Rosewood Bermuda until they have received a negative test result on day 4 of testing.
- Additional testing is required on the 4th, 8th, and 14th days, and can be completed at convenient pop-up test sites within minutes of the resort.
- In accordance with the Government of Bermuda, residents and guests are required to wear a mask covering the mouth and nose when moving about in public spaces at the resort and about the island of Bermuda. Failure to wear a mask may result in individual fines of USD500, for a first offense, and USD1000 for each repeat offense.
- In-Room amenities have been modified to reduce contact. Minibars will not be pre-stocked however options for stocking including a variety of snacks and beverages can be ordered on request. Single-use cups are provided in place of glassware for the coffee and tea bar and in bathrooms. Towels and bathrobes will not be placed on hangers or racks, they will be provided in sterile bags to ensure cleanliness.
- To limit contact, housekeeping services have been modified, rooms will be serviced between the hours of 9:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Housekeepers will not enter an accommodation if a guest is in. Housekeeping staff will not handle guest items. Turndown service will not be available during this time.
- Guests and residents that have recently arrived from international destinations may not dine outside of host hotel/resort property until they have received a negative result on "Day 4" testing.
- There is a General Curfew from 12:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. until further notice, this has been set in place by the Government of Bermuda.
- Restaurants offer Al Fresco and Indoor dining based on a limited capacity to follow social distancing guidelines. As such reservations are required.
- Please note that indoor dining is limited to groups of 6 people or less.
- All dining experiences will close nightly at 11:00 p.m. until further notice.
- Indoor Bars including Tucker's Bar, and the Bar at Sul Verde are currently closed to serving guests directly. These bars will operate only to serve beverages for guests enjoying table service at Island Brasserie and Sul Verde restaurant respectively.
- Tucker’s Point Golf Club is open including locker facilities, gym and pro-shop. Masks should be worn when moving about the Club areas. Social distancing guidelines must be followed.
- Tennis Centre facilities as well as lessons are available. Masks should be worn when moving about the Club areas. Social distancing guidelines must be followed.
- The Beach Club is seasonally available from late-March/April until October for guests and members. Masks should be worn when moving about the Club areas. Social distancing guidelines must be followed.
- Resort pools including the iconic Palm Court Pool, the Castle Harbour Pool, and the Horizon and Fountain Pools at the Beach Club are open. Poolside food & beverage service is available from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Masks should be worn when moving about pool terraces. Social distancing guidelines must be followed.
- The Spa is open and available on appointment basis. Guests will be required to wear a face mask while moving within spa facilities. Therapists will wear a full face mask and shield during treatments, masks should be worn when moving about the Spa public areas. Social distancing guidelines must be followed.
- The Fitness Centre is open and will be available from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. In accordance with Bermuda Ministry of Health regulations, the fitness centre is strictly available to guests and members that have been in residence on the island of Bermuda for a minimum of 14 days, and have received a negative result on the required "day 14" COVID-19 test. Maximum occupancy at the fitness centre is limited to maintain social distancing standards. We regret the inconvenience to guests with shorter stays, however guests may request fitness equipment, to use for outdoor training in public spaces including the Palm Court Croquet Lawn and Breezeway. Personal training and special classes are available on request with local fitness partner APEX 360, following a negative test result on the first day.
- Guests and residents of Bermuda are strongly encouraged to download and utilize the WeHealth Bermuda smartphone app, which provides anonymous notifications regarding COVID-19 exposure. The app is free and available for download via the Apple App Store, and Google Play Store.
Bermuda Travel Requirements
Visitors to the island of Bermuda will be required to follow the latest travel guidelines for entry into the country including the completion of an online travel authorization form, and COVID-19 testing on arrival and during a stay. Travel requirements are detailed below:
Prior to flying, travelers to Bermuda must:
- Within 72 hours of departure, complete the Online Bermuda Travel Authorisation Form, for each traveler regardless of age. The form has a cost of USD75 for each traveler age 10 and up, and USD30 for children age 9 and under. This fee includes the cost of all COVID-19 testing required in Bermuda.
- Take a certified RT-PCR COVID-19 test, ideally within 72 hours of departure, but no more than 5 days prior to departure, and obtain a negative result. This applies to adults and children age 10 years and up. Children age 9 and under are exempt from testing, and are subject to their adult travel companion's quarantine.
- Ensure you have health insurance sufficient to covering costs related to a positive COVID-19 diagnosis in Bermuda.
- Pack a thermometer.
- Take standard precautions including wearing a face mask, social distancing, regular hand washing and/or use of hand sanitizers en route to Bermuda.
On arrival in Bermuda, guests will be required to:
- Present a copy of the pre-departure COVID-19 negative test result
- Undergo COVID-19 testing at the airport (turnaround time is 4 to 24 hours in most cases).
- Remain quarantined in hotel room, suite, residence or hotel-designated space until COVID-19 test results are delivered. *Travellers from the United Kingdom, or who have visited the United Kingdom in the 14 days prior to arrival in Bermuda are permitted to enjoy resort facilities following negative test results from airport arrival testing, however they may not leave the resort premises until negative test results have been received from "Day 4" testing.
- Testing applies to adults and children ages 10 and up. Children less than 10 years old are exempt from testing, and are subject to their adult travel companion’s quarantine.
- Follow hotel safety protocols including the use of a face masks (required by Bermuda law), social distancing, regular hand washing and/or use of hand sanitizer stations, and undergoing contactless temperature checks.
While on-island, guests will be required to:
- Follow standard safety protocols including the use of a face mask (required by Bermuda law), social distancing, regular hand washing and/or use of hand sanitizer stations, and undergoing contactless temperature checks.
- Perform twice daily temperature checks and report via the Travel Authorisation Form portal.
- Take a COVID-19 test administered on Day 4, Day 8, and Day 14 at easily accessible pop-up testing centres around the island. No waiting is required, guests will be notified of results.
- Comply with restrictions on gatherings with a maximum of 10 people, with physical distancing in place, until further notice.
- Refrain from dining outside of your host hotel until receiving a day 4 negative test result.
- Travellers from the United Kingdom, or who have visited the United Kingdom in the 14 days prior to arrival in Bermuda are permitted to enjoy resort facilities following negative test results from airport arrival testing, however they may not leave the resort premises to attend outside events, meetings, or to dine off-property until negative test results have been received from "Day 4" testing.
- Refrain from using the fitness centre until being in residence on Bermuda for a minimum of 14 days, and receiving a negative test result on Day 14.
In the event of a COVID-19 Positive Test result:
- If a traveler becomes COVID-19 positive, is a close contact of a positive person, is symptomatic, or if a traveler is clinically diagnosed at any point, they will be subject to public health regulations, and will be quarantined or isolated, as appropriate at their accommodation for up to 14 days.
- Special arrangements will be made by Rosewood Bermuda to allow for safe quarantine of the guest during this time.
- Travelers who receive a positive test result for COVID-19, or whom health authorities believe could be positive will be fitted with an aqua electronic bracelet to assist with isolation/quarantine.
The full details are available at this link: https://www.gotobermuda.com/bta/press-release/bermuda-tourism-authority-update
Please click here for the latest updates from Rosewood Hotels & Resorts regarding "Commitment to Care" health and safety policies, booking and cancellation policies.
For immediate questions, please call Rosewood Hotels & Resorts’ reservations department at +1 888-767-3966, or email email@example.com.
Please note that this page will continue to be updated with the latest information as it becomes available.