Travel Information: July 2, 2020
Rosewood Bermuda is now open and accepting reservations for overnight stays.
Click here for the detailed announcement shared on June 18, 2020.
Visitors to the island of Bermuda will be required to follow the latest travel guidelines for entry into the country including the completion of an online travel authorization form, and COVID-19 testing on arrival and during a stay. Travel requirements are below:
Prior to flying, travelers to Bermuda must:
- Within 48 hours of departure, complete the Online Bermuda Travel Authorisation Form, which gathers important information for the island’s health and immigration officials. The form must be completed for each traveler regardless of age, and there is a USD 75 fee for each form. This fee includes the cost of all COVID-19 testing required in Bermuda.
- Take a certified RT-PCR COVID-19 test, ideally within 72 hours of departure, but no more than 5 days prior to departure, and obtain a negative result. This applies to adults and children age 10 years and up. A saliva test is permitted for children under 10 years old.
- Ensure you have health insurance sufficient to covering costs related to a positive COVID-19 diagnosis in Bermuda
- Pack a thermometer
- Take standard precautions including wearing a face mask, social distancing, regular hand washing and/or use of hand sanitizers en route to Bermuda
On arrival in Bermuda, guests will be required to:
- Present a copy of the pre-departure COVID-19 negative test result
- Undergo COVID-19 testing at the airport or accommodation (turnaround time is 4 to 8 hours in most cases, when arrival happens during the day).
- Testing applies to adults and children ages 10 and up. For children ages 10 to 17, a saliva test is permitted, Children less than 10 years old are exempt from testing.
- Remain quarantined in hotel accommodations until COVID-19 test results are delivered.
- Follow hotel safety protocols including the use of a face mask, social distancing, regular hand washing and/or use of hand sanitizer stations, and undergoing contactless temperature checks
While on-island, guests will be required to:
- Follow standard safety protocols including the use of a face mask, social distancing, regular hand washing and/or use of hand sanitizer stations, and undergoing contactless temperature checks
- Perform twice daily temperature checks and report via the Travel Authorisation Form portal
- Take a COVID-19 test administered on Day 4, Day 8, and Day 14 at easily accessible pop-up testing centres around the island. No waiting is required, guests will be notified of results.
- Comply with restrictions on gatherings with a maximum of 50 people with physical distancing in place.
In the event of a COVID-19 Positive Test result:
If a traveler becomes COVID-19 positive, is a close contact of a positive person, is symptomatic, or if a traveler is clinically diagnosed at any point, they will be subject to public health regulations, and will be quarantined or isolated, as appropriate at their accommodation for up to 14 days. Special arrangements will be made by Rosewood Bermuda to allow for safe quarantine of the guest during this time. Travelers who receive a positive test result for COVID-19, or whom health authorities believe could be positive will be fitted with an aqua electronic bracelet to assist with isolation/quarantine.
The full details are available at this link: https://www.gotobermuda.com/bta/press-release/bermuda-tourism-authority-update
We remain fully dedicated to operating at the highest standards through "Commitment to Care," Rosewood Hotel Group’s new global health and safety program and have intensified hygiene and safety measures across all major touch points in our operations in accordance with guidelines issued by the Bermuda Ministry of Health, the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We are delighted to welcome visitors once again, and we thank our loyal guests, members and community for their patience during this unprecedented time.
For the remainder of June, the following services and venues will remain available to Tucker's Point Club members and local guests:
- The Beach Club Pools – In addition to beachside and poolside service, both the Horizon Pool and Fountain Pool will reopen. A maximum occupancy of 20 people per pool will be enforced.
- Restaurant Hours & Dining availability enhanced – In addition to Al fresco dinner service, indoor dining will be available at Sul Verde, Sul Verde Bar, as well as the Beach Club restaurant. Dining hours will be extended to allow for final orders at 9:00 p.m.
- Tucker’s Point Golf Driving Range & Short Play Course Re-opens – The driving range and short play area will be accessible from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (Club storage, Gym & Locker rooms remain closed until further notice.)
- The Palm Court Pool is open – The hotel’s iconic pool is available with poolside service from 11am to 4pm. Maximum occupancy of 20 people per pool will be enforced, at this time there will be no towel service.
- The Hotel Fitness Centre is open – The Fitness Centre is available from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. A maximum occupancy of 6 people at a time will be enforced. Water will be provided; however, neither towel service nor personal training will be available at this time.
Please click here for the latest updates from Rosewood Hotels & Resorts regarding "Commitment to Care" health and safety policies, booking and cancellation policies.
For immediate questions, please call Rosewood Hotels & Resorts’ reservations department at +1 888-767-3966,
Please note that this page will continue to be updated with the latest information as it becomes available.