Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi Will Participate in Earth Hour 2018
March 20, 2018
Santa Fe’s premier hotel will show its commitment to environmental sustainability by organizing several programs and events during the international lights-out event
Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi, Santa Fe’s leading boutique hotel, will be participating in Earth Hour for the first time on March 24, 2018. As the only hotel in Santa Fe to partake in this event, Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi will continue its longstanding commitment to environmental stewardship through a series of eco-friendly initiatives.
Earth Hour is a global event that mobilizes individuals, businesses and governments to turn off non-essential lights for one hour to spread awareness about the negative effects of climate change. The event first started in Sydney, Australia in 2007 as a grassroots movement and has since evolved into a worldwide phenomenon. Earth Hour 2018 is scheduled to take place on Saturday, March 24 at 8:30 p.m.
“We are incredibly proud to introduce Earth Hour, a meaningful movement that celebrates and inspires environmental protection, to both the local and the hotel community of Santa Fe,” said Gabor L. Vida, managing director of Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi. “Our participation is a necessary acknowledgement of the need for sustainable operations in hospitality, and we will continue to honor the message of environmental conservation as we move beyond Earth Hour into the year ahead.”
In addition to dimming lights throughout the hotel for one hour, Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi will prepare a series of offerings in conjunction with Earth Hour:
About Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi
- Lights-off Ceremony: At 8:30 PM, guests will gather together at the hotel lobby to count down to Earth Hour.
- Candlelit Dinner: Diners will enjoy a lights-off dinner with intimate candle lighting as well as a special ‘Earth Hour’ entrée: linguini alla chitarra, made with local, sustainable produce and biodynamic olive oil.
- Specialty Cocktail: The hotel will offer a special cocktail just for Earth Hour called O M Gee, which is crafted with Santa Fe Spirits Expedition Vodka made from locally-sourced maize and water, organic spirit and Trees for the Future collaborator OM Liqueurs, and local organic eggs.
- Unplugged Music: At the Anasazi Bar and Lounge, the resident musician will forgo amplifiers for a no-electricity musical session.
- Earth Hour Amenities: Overnight guests will receive complimentary candles and pastries, as well as a note encouraging guests to partake in Earth Hour.
Located in downtown Santa Fe, steps from the historic Santa Fe Plaza, Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi® is an intimate world-class vacation retreat and New Mexico’s most lauded hotel. Since it was established in 1991, the Inn has set the standard for luxury and service among small city hotels. The 58-room boutique hotel unveiled a full guestroom reimagination in 2014 to embrace a more modern, sophisticated aesthetic, while still celebrating the enduring creative spirit of the region’s Native Americans. The guestroom design beautifully complements the Inn’s legendary décor and architecture, including works by local artisans, massive hand-carved doors, sculptured stairways and sandstone walls that whisper of prehistoric Pueblo living. The world-renowned Anasazi Restaurant, Bar and Lounge was reimagined in 2015 to boast a chic, new design as well as the addition of a new lounge area and a dedicated tequila table. To complement the stunning new look, the restaurant’s menus epitomize modern Southwestern cuisine, featuring the strong ingredients and flavors of the Southwest. Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi has been honored four times with the prestigious AAA Four-Diamond Award, the highest accolade presented by AAA to hotels and restaurants based on facilities, amenities and service. Among its other esteemed honors this year, Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi placed onto Condé Nast Traveler’s prestigious Gold List, received several accolades from Travel + Leisure’s 2013 World’s Best list and was named one of the “Best Hotels in the U.S.” by U.S. News & World Report.
SEE ALL PRESS RELEASES